Patient participation is a unique partnership between patients, local NHS services and local Commissioners which is essential to, and results, in high quality and responsive care.
Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) work in partnership with their individual GP practices to:
- help patients to take more responsibility for their health,
- contribute to the continuous improvement of services and quality of care,
- foster improved communication between the practice and its patients,
- provide practical support for the practice and help to implement changes.
The North Durham Patient Reference Group (NDPRG) brings together patient representatives from each of the GP practices across the North Durham CCG area. The Patient Reference Group (PRG) members first met on 21 February 2012, incorporating North Durham, Chester-le-Street and Derwentside constituencies of the CCG. The group, which has members from all three areas, meets on the 1st Tuesday of every month. We have been able to support the applications for members in the past to take up places on the North East Leadership Academies ‘Patient Leadership‘ programme. This has helped enhance the skills and knowledge of members as well as being able to share their learning with other members of the group.
Every year group members are visiting surgeries in a different location with the idea of encouraging both practices and patients to get involved in the scheme.
You can see more information about the achievements of the group on the slides available on the links included below
What we do
The purpose of the North Durham Patient Reference Group is to;
- Provide an opportunity for patient representatives to influence the commissioning and delivery of health care services in North Durham.
- Act as a focus group and advisory body for the Clinical Commissioning Group.
- Champion patient views in order that patients and carer concerns and needs are taken into account.
- Gather and feedback patient experience information to help ensure that services are provided in an appropriate, safe, cost effective and timely manner for the population.
- To ensure that all primary care services have an involved and active patient participation group working with health and care professionals to help ensure high quality care for all.
- Support patient participation groups across County Durham by sharing good practice and providing support and advice to patients, practices, health and care professionals to improve healthcare services, to involve those who are difficult to reach and to ensure that patients are at the centre of all healthcare decisions.
Coaching Opportunity for Patient reps
The CCG want to support our Patient representatives and have offered existing members the chance to benefit from NHS England and NHS improvement offer of coaching for Patient and Public Voice (PPV) partners
The coaching will be provided by an accredited employee coach or an employee undertaking this qualification both would also coach NHS England and Improvement employees.
This opportunity is aimed at strengthening patient voice. The offer is for 6 hours of coaching including one face to face meeting, with limited places available. Expenses would be covered as part of NHS England and Improvements policy.
- Have been volunteering for a minimum of 4 months
- Have a specific issue related to your volunteering role which you would like to work through with your coach
Ways to get involved:
- Via your GP surgery – ask at reception about your Patient Participation Group (PPG), sometimes called a forum, and ask to join it.
- Ring North Durham CCG for details on 0191 389 8600.